Our major client in Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Seasonal Pounder Operator to work within their facilities located in Edmonton, AB for a 3-month assignment.
- Reporting to the plant Manager, responsible for assisting in all aspects of plant operations.
- Loading and unloading trucks with asphalt or emulsified asphalt products
- Heating and unloading railcars of asphalt or other bulk liquids
- Operating and maintaining equipment including pumps, mills, forklifts, other mobile equipment.
- Receiving, shipping, storing, blending, and heating asphalt, emulsion and chemicals used in manufacturing of emulsified asphalt
- Boiler supervision
- Production of emulsified asphalt products
- Order taking from customers
- Product handling including loading, unloading, heating, and blending products
- Ensuring safe work practices and adhering to company policy and procedures including understanding and following HOIMS rules and policies. Maintain personal training matrix and safety scorecard compliance
- Production of emulsified asphalt, includes preparing raw materials, milling, and performing quality control checks
- Order taking
- Proper completion of inventory and shipping documentation
- Maintain all equipment in a proper and safe manner
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Power Engineering certificate to level of facility employed (3rd or 4th).
- 0-12 months minimum experience in manufacturing or industrial operations role
- Basic PC proficiency and proficiency with Word, Excel, E-mail and SAP
Work Schedule: Rotating shift and must be able to work weekends and some nightshifts - OT expectations: approx. Up to 20 hours a week.