Airswift is seeking a SCM Service Controller to join a major Oil & Gas client in Aberdeen for a 6-month contract with possibility of extension.
Through an on-going Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation (SAP S4Hana), the company has chosen to adopt Service Receipting as one of its control mechanisms in its Procure to Pay (P2P) process. This position, along with a colleague, will be responsible for working alongside the ERP project team to ensure that all Supply Chain steps are in place prior to system go live in June 2021.
The project positions will report directly to the SCM Category Lead - Operations but will also have support from the wider SCM and will be for a period of up to six months. Upon successful completion of the project, the roles may transition to on-going compliance and co-ordination of Service Receipting as part of a growing team as scope and coverage increases during this year and next.
- Track invoices from point of entry into the ERP system (SAP S4 Hana) to posting for payment to the vendor.
- Create and process Service Entry Sheets in the ERP system and submit for approval.
- Ensure that technical and financial approval of Service Receipt is obtained in a timely fashion.
- Work with internal stakeholders and vendors to clarify any invoice queries to allow invoice payment to take place.
- Demonstrate an active, performance driven mind-set.
- Actively contribute to business / process improvement initiatives.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
- Good understanding of the Procurement Processes & AP Processes (Invoice Processing)
- Commercially and contractually aware
- Background in invoice processing in the upstream oil and gas sector is preferred
- High numeracy skills & computer literate with Microsoft Office software
- Good understanding of Goods and/or Service Receipting
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at various levels of seniority
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to deadlines
- Willingness to take responsibility and challenge constructively
- Good training and mentoring skills
- Ability to travel to around the UK and vendor sites within and outside of Aberdeen area.
- Ability to home-work with minimal supervision