Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Scaffolding Division Manager to work for Multi-Billion LNG expansion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar.
Manage the Scaffolding activities to be performed by the EPC Contractors and its Sub-Contractors to ensure these activities are safely executed within approved project procedures and requirements to meet Project objective that no one gets hurt.
Reporting and Relationships:
Reports to NFXP Onshore Site Manager, Construction Shared Resources
Regular communication and guidance with the four (4) EPC Project Construction Division Managers and their embedded Scaffolding specialists.
Occasional communications with Qatargas OpCo, on Scaffolding activities in greenfield / brownfield areas.
- Work with all 3rd party Scaffolding inspection services
- Regular contact with EPC Contractors and its construction sub-contractors and its Scaffolding sub-contractors and specialists.
- Regular contact with project stakeholders at site (RLIC, 3rd Party Asset owners and others).
- Periodic contact with QatarEnergy and NF East Joint Venture Shareholders.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s):
- Manages significant Scaffolding scope across the four (4) EPC Contractors and their sub-contractors and 3rd party Scaffolding sub-contractors to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Provides guidance and instructions to four (4) EPCs Contractor in all issues related to Scaffolding activities that have a high degree of complexity (i.e. large geographical work area, significant brownfield scope, internal and external interfaces), cost and schedule constraints.
- “Start with end in mind” Project, with the necessity to achieve a smooth and flawless construction execution and transfer to the commissioning team to ensure start of production from EPC-1 LNG Train 8 and through completion of NF South Scope of Work for Common Lean LNG.
- Be inventive on all Scaffolding execution and methods based on experience from other large and complex projects. Interaction with three other NFXP EPC Contractors
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Uphold safety, health, environmental and worker welfare performance of all site execution activities. Implements and sustains a strong safety culture to the EPC Project Construction Teams, EPC Contractors, its Sub-contractors, and Vendors by monitoring site activities and by inspiring safety commitment via demonstration of safety leadership by example. Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures and policies in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Uphold Project Quality requirements through visible support to the Project’s Quality Management System and ensures EPCs Contractor and sub-contractors execute work to the highest level of quality possible to facilitate a trouble-free start-up and long-term facility availability and reliability.
- Review, verify and approve the EPC Contractors’ electrical, instrumentation and communications management plans and sequences including review of engineering drawings and documents and AutoCAD for Scaffolding and review of work plans, pre-task planning and method statements to ensure EPC Scaffolding activities are completed in accordance with NFXP Onshore Project procedures, regulations, specifications, and standards.
- Direct the EPC Contractors in planning, scheduling, and implementing Scaffolding, method statements and other relevant procedures to ensure safe Scaffolding is performed and erected. Identifies deviations to project requirements and standards and works with the EPC Contractors and their sub-contractors to mitigate risks associated with deviations or direct EPC Contractors for deviations which are not approved.
- Facilitate constructability reviews, brownfield activities preparation and construction review meetings and complete all reports, ensuring the areas of concerns and specific technical issues are identified and tackled on time, with relevant mitigations in line with project specifications and requirements.
- Direct the EPCs Contractor towards construction completion, provide assistance and direction in the Mechanical Completion, in coordination with NFXP Onshore construction support departments as required, and provide support to Commissioning and Start-up activities, working with all involved parties to facilitate these activities.
- Provide technical advice to EPCs project team in respect to the delivery of all Scaffolding Operations. Participate and support cost-schedule-quality-functionality optimization initiatives and constructability/risk assessment inputs for EPCs Project and for NFXP Onshore, via NFXP Onshore Construction Shared Resources.
- Establishes and tracks EPC Contractors and sub-contractors Scaffolding management plans to recognize good performance, identify negative trends and implement plans to correct emerging Scaffolding issues. Leads weekly meetings and aligns look ahead plans for all Scaffolding matters
- Complete Scaffolding reporting as required by Project Management ensuring the content of EPC Contractor’s reports and records are reviewed and approved to ensure compliance with project contractual requirements.
- Support all audits required for Scaffolding by NFXP Onshore SHES department and Technical (Major Projects)
Technical education, vocational qualifications and / or certificates from United Kingdom, Scotland, United States or equivalent
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- 10 years’ experience in Project Execution, with a strong background in Scaffolding execution, engineering, construction, and management of large and complex brownfield field/greenfield construction activities.
- Experience with AutoCAD for Scaffolding programs
- Experience with major and first tier EPC Contractors, Sub-Contractors and Vendors involved in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience with all aspects of greenfield (stick build) and brownfield especially Engineered Scaffolding.
Technical and Business Skills:
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills with ability to communicate at all organizational levels, when at site.
- Good Team working and facilitation skills
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.