Location: Remote in Germany, France, UK, Italy, or the Netherlands preferred. The candidate’s location needs to be close to a major airport.
Language: fluent English
Timeframe: Role has full sign-off and budget
Salary/Package: Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Interviews: to be held within 1-2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Felicia Brown and Jannet Yankova
Key Words: Sales; Business Development; Customer Relations, Adhesives, Global Accounts, CASE, Polymers, USBC
We are glad to be retained by one of the world’s leading producers and marketers of biobased chemicals and specialty polymers that deliver exceptional value and enhance the lives of people. Due to recent growth, they are searching for a Sales Manager ideally based in Germany, France, UK, Italy or Netherlands Preferred to work remotely.
As a leading global producer of styrenic block copolymers (SBC) and pine chemicals, they manufacture high-performance materials that differentiate their customers’ products and meet multi-market needs. The company’s global footprint, reliable supply, extensive expertise, and integrated portfolio of high-quality products enable its customers to push the boundaries of performance to power the future of innovation.
As the Sales Manager, you will focus on maintaining relationships with customers, developing business, and developing and executing strategic sales plans. You will also coordinate all commercial activities (pricing, product changes, transitions, contracts, special deals, etc.).
- 5+ year’s relevant experience.
- Ability to negotiate and close the business to achieve an effective business outcome
- Ability to translate business knowledge into key steps for commercial growth
- Ability to cultivate relationships with customers across multiple decision-making levels
- Develop strong customer relationship skills – the ability to both service the customer and push the strategic direction of the company
- knowledge of USBC product portfolio and polymer processing, applied technologies at customers, and ability to identify customer technical needs
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate across multiple geographies and teams
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in competitive pricing and selling skills
- self-sufficient in creating work plans for her/himself
- Contribute to and help build regional strategy.
- Execute sales and account plans in alignment with global sales strategy and regional plans.
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Develop account strategies to maximize business growth and meet customers’ needs.
- Coordinate all commercial activities (pricing, product changes, transitions, contracts, special deals, etc.).
- Takes the commercial lead in driving innovation priorities for the assigned market segment, and defining longer-term growth needs for the market segment.
- Manage the relationship with the customer, build and maintain strong relationships with strategic buyers and key influencers/advisors across the customer's organization.
- Coordinate with internal teams (Customer Service/Fulfilment, Quality, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and others) to meet customer needs or solve customer issues.
- Analyze customers’ business to better understand what is required to meet expected goals. Define customer needs and product value end-use.
- Understand the “voice of the customer” and share insights with key internal stakeholders"
- Report results, trends, gaps, competitor landscape, etc.
- Formulate pricing strategies in conjunction with sales leadership.
- Understand customers’ next best alternatives when formulating pricing strategy for the business.
- Demonstrates more sophisticated market POV and can identify and articulate the value proposition to all stakeholders.
- Identifies and develops options and recommends decisions based on economic and strategic criteria.
- Negotiate with customers.
- Develop a portfolio of projects/opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Articulate the value of new opportunities and strategic fit.
- Prioritized and convince stakeholders to pursue good opportunities.
- Discuss opportunities with R&D, Product Management, and Marketing.
- Maintain data in systems to enable effective pipeline management (i.e. CRM, Innovation tracking, etc.)
Forecast and Product Allocation:
- Update forecast based on customer feedback on a timely basis.
- Discuss availability openly with customer and manage risks.
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Felicia Brown, email@example.com