Sales Development Manager - Chemicals
Location: Remote – Preferably in the North East (Ohio, Pennsylvania)
Salary/Package: Approx. $80,000 (negotiable), plus bonus and full package
Keywords: Sales, Marketing, Development, Chemicals, raw materials, Isocyanates, Polyurethane, Coatings
A world leader of aliphatic isocyanates (HDI, IPDI) which are specifically designed to be used in high performance polyurethane coatings for automotive (OEM and refinishing) applications, railway and aerospace, general industry, plastic and wood, coil and can, leather finishing and adhesives.
The client we are representing has 605 employees worldwide, 3 manufacturing sites and 2 lab units across the world and a global commercial network.
The North American Market Development Manager will Contribute to the sales growth and foster new business development by providing technical expertise to Regional Sales team and Customers’ technical and marketing departments and developing understanding of markets’ trends and customers’ identified and unmet needs.
- Accelerate sales of company products through technical sales promotion
- Understand customers’ needs and identify and manage development opportunities
- Promote commercial and innovative products
- Identify and understand technological trends, market evolutions and competition
- Provide technical and application training to sales team and distributors
- Secure Global Key account technical coordination within company Global Teams (MD, Marketing, etc.)
- Support the launch of new products/applications
- Increase general awareness of company and branding through active participation in trade shows, exhibitions, technical conferences
- Establish strong commercial relationships with Global and Regional Key Accounts
- Regional responsibility over NA requiring frequent travels
- New development opportunities generation and management up to conclusion
- Implementation of the Product and Go To Market Strategies into local action plans and related development project management
- Specialty products growth across the region
- Customer visit reporting, technology information sharing at regional and global levels and Marketing studies
- A degree in Chemical Engineering or relevant, with experience in coating industry or polymer science
- Minimum 3 years R&D or technical sales experience in industrial coatings (formulations, applications) or polyurethane field
- Relevant knowledge of specialty chemicals markets especially in polyurethane markets products and services
- Technical understanding of coatings formulation (PU is a plus)
- Experience in dealing with customers and network developing skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a working knowledge of CRM tools
If interested, please submit your resume and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.