Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Sales Analyst to work in their facilities located in Houston, Texas on a 1-year renewable contract with the possibility to become permanent.
The Sales Analyst will undertake administrative job duties as it pertains to the sales department. Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with knowledge of sales and customer service best practices in the chemical industry. You should also be able to interpret sales metrics and be goal-oriented. Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to creating and maintaining good customer relationships and ensuring smooth sales team operations with limited supervision.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Maintain an organized and accessible file system for sales duties
- Provide administrative assistance to management team members as required
- Perform data entry duties regarding sales figures, metrics and other key data
- Gathers, captures, updates, and records customer information accurately and efficiently to update into the company SAP database as required
- Shares all relevant information with team members
- Assists in following up on all quotes and offers in a timely manner daily
- Assists in gathering forecasting data and update databases as needed basis
- Accomplishes departmental and organizational goals by accepting ownership for new and different request
- Builds rapport with external and internal stakeholders in order to achieve company objectives
- Gathers and applies knowledge to ensure tasks on hand are completed accurately and are of the highest possible value to the business
- Review customer orders with reference to all conditions, pricing, and relevant information
- Maintains a proper communication with customers for any request or issue concerning the orders; responds promptly to customer enquiries, including pricing
- Checks product availability for the required dates
- Handles and resolves customer concerns and / or when appropriate involves other competent departments to address and find solutions
Previous education & experience required:
People person, Time Oriented, Great Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Math Skills, Consumer Relations, Interpersonal Skills, Reporting Skills, Administrative Skills, Attention to Detail, Team Oriented
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Sales Support role with knowledge of logistics in the petro-chemical industry or someone with sales support and logistics experience from an international shipping company.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel, SAP is a plus
- Excellent customer service and professional demeanor
- An eagerness to learn and an earnest self-driven attitude
- Highly organized; Attention to detail
- Be able to multitask while prioritizing the most important tasks
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Must be able to run pricing scenarios for customers and determine credit limits of customers as well as upload the full instructions for the shipment of goods and ensure all necessary documents are accurate prior to shipping to customers.
- Knowledge of “incoterms” for international shipping would be highly desirable.
- An emphasis will be given to candidates who possess strong interpersonal skills in the following: attention to detail; quick learner; team player, detail oriented, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to minimize mistakes, strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Spanish speaking skills is a plus
- SAP is a plus
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major Oil and Gas company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.