• Strong interpersonal skills, technical writing and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- • Ability to identify health hazards and recommend corrective actions.
- • Ability to participate in client meetings to discuss health issues and other pertinent topics
- • Knowledge of applicable safety and health regulations at the federal, state and local levels.
- • Experience with software including Microsoft Office Suite, GenSuite, ProCore, etc.
- • Attention to detail and a focus on timely task execution.
- • Associates degree or higher in a related field (physical sciences, safety, engineering, etc.) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
The Industrial Hygiene Professional will support the Jacobs industrial hygienist and client with a variety of on-site IH programs. Support activities could include but are not limited to collecting air, bulk and liquid samples, conducting noise surveys, reviewing processes, maintaining records, notifying the customer and the affected employees of the results.
- Other activities may include:
- • Review, evaluate and make recommendations as needed on Safety Data Sheets submitted by client departments and outside vendors.
- • Interpret, report and summarize results and findings from sampling activities to EH&S, and other management organizations.
- • Have the ability and knowledge to lead the following programs; Industrial Hygiene, Asbestos, Lead, Hexavalent Chromium, Mold, Chemical Approval, Indoor Air Quality, Noise, Bloodborne Pathogens, Lasers, Radiation, Heat Stress, Cold Stress, and Medical Surveillance.
- • They will have experience in performing comprehensive surveys for asbestos-containing building materials, performing thorough post asbestos abatement visual inspections, collecting post abatement air samples per AHERA, and providing interpretations on applicable asbestos regulations.
- • Candidate will be experienced in applicable government regulations applicable to the use of lead containing materials and the abatement of lead containing paint. Experience with collecting air, bulk and wipe samples for various contaminants including but not limited to asbestos, heavy metals, mold, and radiation.
- • Work with GE Departments such as Security, Fire Protection, Test, Facilities, Manufacturing etc. to meet site specific EHS, security, and area specific operational requirements.
- • Assist in maintaining GE Evendale OSHA Voluntary Protection Program certification by sitting on GE VPP teams. The candidate must be able to prepare records for VPP audits, answer questions about the industrial hygiene program and assist as needed during audits.
Temp to Perm