We are currently recruiting for a Safety Lead (Rail) for our global rail client. The company boasts a national portfolio of operations including career-defining landmark projects.
Reporting to the System Assurance Manager, the Safety Lead is responsible for leading/managing a team of Systems and Safety Engineers, and is accountable for technical aspects of the safety work.
Location- Melbourne, VIC
- Plan the work of the Safety Team and ensure targets are met. Ensuring competence and resource need is defined and forecasted.
- Confidently interact and engage with both internal and external stakeholders – particularly Safety Assessors
- Ensure life cycle safety assurance and compliance with relevant codes and standards incl. AS61508, ISO 15288 and CENELEC group of standards e.g. EN50126/8/9
- Coordinate delivery of hazard and safety in design activities, assessments and reporting
- Develop associated safety cases and SFAIRP arguments in support of design type, testing and commissioning approvals
- Oversight of safety integrity of client processes for design, delivery and functional testing of modification of existing rail operator asset
- Perform safety analysis activities on operational scenarios and the impact of configuration data errors
- Australian Working Rights
- Bachelor of Engineering (or an equivalent approved qualification)
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, and deep understanding of railway and signalling systems
- Contributed to identification of safety related risks during design / production / commission / disposal of systems or plant with experience in techniques including HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA/FMECA, Bow Tie, FTA, ETA.
- Safety assurance and engineering knowledge associated with rail safety standards
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering and Reliability tools such as DOORS NG, Isograph Reliability Workbench
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.