Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Safety, Health, Environment and Security (SHES) Head to work for multi-billion LNG expansion project on 12 months initial contract. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar.
- Provide SHES direction, guidance and leadership to NFXP Onshore Pioneer Camp PMT and CONTRACTOR for field work within the assigned area
- Perform oversight of CONTRACTOR and effectively manage a team of SHES Specialist to ensure compliance with all Project SHES requirements, and communicate and verify the effective resolution of SHES compliance issues
- Take the lead in the implementation and verification of the NFXP Onshore Pioneer Camp SHES Plans & Procedures through clear planning, formal communication and interface between all involved parties.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Champion on-site safety awareness and safe performance with CONTRACTOR and among Project Team
- Provide oversight and guidance for SHES and regulatory compliance and performance during project field work including compliance to RLC regulatory requirements
- Meet timeline commitments without compromising project core principles, including SHES deliverables of the CONTRACTOR to safely execute work
- Use networking, influencing skills, negotiation skills, and technical knowledge to help establish direction and culture for the Pioneer Camp construction site
- Liaise with internal/external groups, e.g. Sub-contractors, RLC & QP. Manages SHES related interface with RLC on behalf of CONTRACTOR when required
- Demonstrate a strong leadership commitment through the establishment of tangible CONTRACTOR SHES practices that to be used during each project phase
- Oversee the Pioneer Camp SHES Synergy scope of work in readiness for use during NFXP Onshore EPC phase with special emphasis on operation of the facilities based on design intent
- Act as focalpoint for all SHES compliance field issues and related documents, ensuring that documents are processed and cascaded to all involved parties
- Expedite progress of all outstanding SHES relevant corrective actions per NFXP Onshore plans and procedures for site implementation and timely follow-up and close-out
- Ensure effective cooperation, communication, and co-ordination, and facilitate the reporting and interface between parties
- Monitor construction safety programs and safe work practices, and review and evaluate contractor safety data/ information/safety systems for CONTRACTOR and Subcontractors
- Support and promote the Project observation and intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free program
- Provide mentoring and promote development of SHES personnel
- Provide oversight for Project incident investigations and participation in Life Saving Rule violation committee meeting and incident review committee meetings
- Participate in site safety reviews, walkthroughs and audits as required
- Ensure the continual improvement of the CONTRACTOR SHES management system
- SHES related NVQ level 5; or Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma; or higher.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) or equivalent.
- SHES related Lead Auditor certification.
- TapRoot® Root Cause Analysis training (or similar, e.g. Tripod Beta or SCAT)
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience in major Construction Projects with major Oil and Gas companies (including brown-field work).
- Experience in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Experience in auditing SHES management systems.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Very good knowledge of construction permit to work systems utilized on major projects.