Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek for a Safety Engineer Trainee to join a project in Mozambique.
Purpose of the Job
The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical and management support on the Company’s Safety & Process Safety aspects at all work sites in compliance with applicable National, International and Company’s standards.
- Support on the implementation of workplace safety policies, programs and plans, through regular consultancy and performance monitoring.
- Support in communicating safety standards and requirements defined in the Company's HSE MS, particularly those related to process risk analysis, incident investigation and reporting, change management, KPIs reporting, process safety compliance.
- Assist in applying safety standards and requirements defined in the Company's HSE MS throughout contract assignment and management processes.
- Carry out the following day to day activities:
- Collect HSE KPIs, prepare HSE reports, statistics, and trend analysis.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Company HSE-MS and Process Safety MS: this will include updating of documentation to reflect changing operational circumstances and development, preparation, and implementation of new Procedures and Operating Instructions.
- Assist in defining Safety and Process Safety training needs.
- Support in undertaking safety pre-qualification and tender evaluation reviews of prospective Contractors.
- Review Contractor HSE Cases, Interface Documents, Safety requirements, HSE Plans and Emergency Response Plans.
- Participate in incident investigation as appropriate.
- Participate in audits and support the audit team as required.
- Compile checklist for Process Safety Audit.
- Carry out Safety Inspections and Site Visits as required.
Assignment Location: Maputo
- Educated to Degree level with an engineering background (preferred chemical/mechanical)
- At least one year’ experience in occupational safety/process safety or Process Engineering
- Professional Safety qualifications, e.g. NEBOSH
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Process safety training
- LNG process familiarization.
- Problem solving and excellent analytical skills are essential, and you will be a resilient individual who is calm under pressure
- Communication: Appropriate written/verbal communication to effectively carry out role
- Team Working: Collaboration with own team and other employees
- Personal Effectiveness: Organising self/teams to meet agreed deadlines
- Coaching/Mentoring: Taking time to develop and support colleagues
- Influencing/Persuading: Ability to obtain agreement and cooperation through consensus.
- At least a recognised qualification in Safety Management
- English Speaking