Our client, a major oil & gas company is seeking a Safety and Operational Learning Coordinator to join their team on a 1-year contract assignment, working in Merrillville, IN.
Reports to: S&OL Learning Delivery Manager Whiting/US Terminals and Pipelines (T&P)
- Primary: BP T&P Merrillville Training Center - 8240 Whitcomb St, Merrillville, IN 46410
- Secondary: BP Whiting Refinery - 2815 Indianapolis Blvd, Whiting, IN 46394
Typical Work Hours: M-F (7am – 3:30pm CST)
Learning Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, processing supply requisitions, and monitoring clerical functions.
- Keeps management informed by generating, reviewing, and analyzing training reports; summarizing information and identifying trends.
- Serves as a liaison to P&C Services & Solutions-Learning Services supporting training assignments via Salesforce.
- Management of the Learning Value Chain (LVC) delivery step and the administrative process.
- The required Learning Management System (LMS) processes are coordinated with the relevant S&S LS teams in demand planning and session management.
- Acts as a learning integrator for site supported initiatives and supports minor design/development projects where applicable.
- Coordinates learning activities at site to ensure smooth delivery.
- Coordinates any local learning driven activities that are “by exception” managed by site/country delivery team, including management of learning materials/test banks.
- Provides day to day support at bp local learning centers.
- AOD and NDT Contractor Support – Assist with onboarding new AOD contractors.
- Supports the Learning Delivery Manager and Learning Advisors with delivery of the local learning agenda.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Managing processes and developing standards
- Promoting process improvement and project management basics
- Tracking budget expenses
- Attention to detail and established reporting skills
- Supply management and inventory control
- MS Office proficiency required
- Salesforce, SharePoint 365, Learning Management Systems (LMS) experience highly desirable
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ supporting management experience in an office setting
- Oil and Gas (Energy Sector) experience highly desirable