Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a Safety Advisor to work on a long-term contract in Sabine Pass, TX.
***This is to support the night shift.***
- Provides safety / health support to the site leadership team and the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor’s organization.
- Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
- Review designs for new projects and upgrade of existing facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
- Respond to emergency situations and incidents either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
- Participate in developing and promoting on or off-job safety educational programs.
- Preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
- Act as a mentor to other loss prevention professionals.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated work experience in construction safety-related positions
- Extensive knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office