Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by one of our top clients to seek a Network Operations Specialist I to work on-site, In San Antonio - Texas, for an initial 6-month contract.
The Network Operations Specialist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends or holidays) to support 24x7 Network Operations Center.
- First and second line support for Pipeline Operations Control desk issues related to: phone systems, SCADA servers/systems, remote SCADA devices and network supported infrastructure.
- Use and maintain Network management tools (Cisco Prime, Cisco WAAS, Cisco DNA, Cisco IWAN, Citect, SolarWinds, LiveAction, NetScout, Cisco APIC, etc.) to monitor and maintain all IT network infrastructure hardware/software and applications.
- Monitor, debug and resolve tier 1 and tier II Cisco infrastructure issues (routing, network hardware/software failure, configuration, WAN outages, firewalls, performance issues).
- Maintain and support configuration management for failed Cisco infrastructure.
- Monitor, manage and resolve all data network circuits (DS3, T-1, DS0’s, DSL, MPLS, VPN, VSAT, BGAN, LTE, radio links, etc..) outages, wan utilization and packet errors.
- Monitor, debug and resolve all tier 1 and tier 2 windows server environment based on IT standards and application/business requirements.
- Monitor debug and resolve all data center environmental management systems.
- Monitor and validate the functionality of IT supported applications.
- Monitor, debug and resolve tier 1 and tier 2 remote SCADA and plant control network problems.
- Manage Support Center ticket escalations concerning server administration, network infrastructure, Pipeline Control Desk and IT applications issues.
- Support and maintain all Network Operation Center documentation (procedures, processes, and vendor information).h
- Maintain ownership of NOC trouble tickets until problem is resolved.
- Support and manage report generation for network infrastructure, administration, performance, and trouble ticketing.
- Debug network and application issues with sniffer tools to identify and resolve tier 3 issues.
- Support and maintain critical SCADA network and domain infrastructure environment.
- Perform Support Center role during non-business hours.
- Follow strict IT Security policies.
- Process replacement devices for failed equipment in the field.
- Perform other duties as delegated by IT Management.
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or work experience required
- Able to work on a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends, or holidays) to support a 24x7 Network Operations Center
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, and Nexus devices
- Must possess strong analytical abilities to troubleshoot server and network hardware/software issues at all layers of the OSI model
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well individually or in a group and share information.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- CCNA preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in supporting enterprise Cisco Network is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in supporting enterprise Microsoft operating related systems is preferred
- Monitor, debug and resolve all tier 1 and tier 2 Windows Server environment based on IT standards and application/business requirements
- Experience in data circuit issues (DS-3, T-1, MPLS, VSAT, LTE, Microwave) is preferred
- Knowledge of scripting and programming skills such as Python, JS, PowerShell, or C# is preferred
- Experience with SCADA server/systems support
- Monitor, debug and resolve tier 1 and tier 2 remote SCADA and plant control network problems
- Experience with Network management tools including: Cisco Prime, Cisco WAAS, Cisco DNA, Cisco IWAN, Citect, SolarWinds, LiveAction, NetScout, Cisco APIC
- Ability to analyze packet captures from NetScout or Wireshark