Our client, a major company, is looking for a TA Rotating Equipment Planner to work on a 2 year contract in Deer Park, TX
- Review stocked parts on critical machinery to verify all necessary parts are stocked
- Contact and work with equipment OEMs to provide recommended spare parts list and quotations for any identified missing spare parts.
- Follow and progress work sent to the onsite machine shop and outside shops to ensure adequate information is supplied and the job is completed in a timely manner meeting the established requirements.
- Conducts audits on incoming parts to ensure these items are built, repaired, and preserved as specified in the purchase order.
- Compiles field overhaul QA/QC check sheets and deck books.
- Post OP2/HO TA repairs, OP3 ERC diaphragm manufacturing, rotor repairs, and bill of material reviews on OP3/BD3.
- Work the OP3/BD3 TA as a deck foreman or lead and ship out post-TA capital spares.
- OP3 PGC remanufacture, PGC drop and swap, BD3 TA rotating equipment scope, and general-purpose rotating equipment for OP3 & BD3
- OP3 bill of material reviews on OP3/BD3 and OP3 major rotating equipment planning (excluding PGC turbine drop and swap)
- Work the OP3/BD3 TA as a deck foreman or lead and follow all post TA capital spares repairs.
- Required minimum 10 years of experience supporting major turbomachinery and 5 years of detailed turnaround planning experience
- B.S in mechanical engineering or 1st class machinist/millwright trade
- Must be skilled with applying and using the following codes: API 687, API 617, API 612, API 610, and API 671.
- Traveling to outside shops by vehicle or airplane will be required. Estimated 120-160 hours of travel time to shops located in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Maine, Massachusetts, Louisiana, and the surrounding Houston, TX area.
- Must have prior experience overhauling large multistage condensing steam turbines, back pressure steam turbines, multistage high energy pumps, and Elliott M-line compressors. This includes field machining of soleplates and grout/foundation work.
- Serve as a deck lead and parts coordinator during turnaround outages
- Experienced in recognizing and solving problems.
- Makes appropriate and timely decisions to implement long-term solutions.
- Must have prior experience with anti-friction, sleeve, thrust, hydrodynamic, and tilting pad bearings.
- Familiar with the design, application, troubleshooting, inspection techniques, and installation of bearings.
- Must have prior experience with iso-carbon, dry gas, trapped bushing, and labyrinth-style seals.
- Familiar with the design, application, troubleshooting, inspection techniques, API 614 and API 692, and installation of the above seals.
- Must have prior experience with P6 scheduling, SAP, and basic Microsoft Office computer programs for planning jobs, ordering parts, reviewing bills of materials, and creating purchase requisitions.
- Must have prior experience with laser alignment, reverse indicator alignment, hot alignment, pipe stain, and calculating or applying thermal growth offsets.
- Must have prior experience with API 671 special purpose couplings, low moment couplings, hydraulic coupling hubs, and tapered or interference shaft fits.
- Familiar with the design, application, troubleshooting, inspection techniques, shimming, ring/plug shaft fit verifications, bluing, and installation using heat or hydraulic tooling.