Our client is seeking a Rotating Equipment Lead to work within their facilities located in Superior, WI, for a 12-month assignment.
The candidate must provide leadership identifying design, schedule, cost, quality, and reliability risks and pro-actively work with other staff to quantify or qualify the risks so that timely decisions can be made for the benefit of the project. This also entails providing detailed technical information on all aspects of rotating equipment at the request of other project disciplines.
- Supporting the field engineering RFI supports and working thru with General Contractors
- Work with Project team on equipment design, site demolition activities, technical bid evaluations, construction work packages, document reviews, commissioning package support, start-up procedure development and equipment factory inspections.
- Interact with vendors to resolve technical deviations and design standard exceptions.
- Minimum of 10 years related Oil and Gas Industry experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer, registered or eligible for registration (Canada or USA)
- American Petroleum Institute Site Acceptance Rotating Equipment
- Experience working on at least one oil and gas project as an Owner or Owner's representative at all post DBM phases of a project (FEED, Detailed design, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up).
- 5 years' experience with API and ANSI type rotating equipment and associated auxiliary equipment. This includes items such as seal plans, lube oil systems, control schemes, maintenance requirements, and operating procedures.
- 5 years' experience in Crude, Vacuum, FCCU and/or HF Alky process plants as a rotating equipment engineer. Preference is for actual experience in operating units as a maintenance engineer or operating engineer.
- At least 5 years' experience with the contents of API standards, ASME/ANSI standards, Hydraulic Institute documents and Power test codes.
- At least 5 years' experience in rotating equipment inspection and testing protocols for new rotating equipment.
- At least 5 years' experience reviewing or creating project deliverables such as technical bid evaluations, technical deviations, materials of construction selections, and project decision records.
- At least 5 years' experience resolving rotating equipment issues using formalized root-cause procedures.
- Prior experience in development and operation of downstream projects such as heavy oil upgrading and refining.
- Experience in presenting to executive audiences and EPC contractors
- Driver's License is required for business travel
- • Experience with centrifugal and reciprocating pump/compressor performance software
- • HAZOP, LOPA, Process Hazard Analysis participation skills.