Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Risk Control Analyst to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX, for a 12-month assignment (renewable contract – with possibility of full-time placement).
The Risk Control Analyst will complete daily validation activities and risk management reporting. They will measure and monitor portfolio risks and validate trades for accuracy and within prescribed limits. The analyst will validate all transactions input and resolve discrepancies with traders, while producing daily reports showing input errors. Someone with experience and understanding of trader strategies, self-starter, and who works well under pressure will stand out in this role.
- Validate all transactions input into ETRM system and resolve any discrepancies with Traders. Produce daily report showing input errors.
- Produce and deliver timely all evidence for Sox control and any report for management review.
- Participate in key risk driver analysis, risk profiling and aggregation, and risk model development.
- Daily analysis of movement of market prices and understanding of Trader’s strategies whilst working closely with them to resolve any issues.
- Support the Market Risk team in any analytical requirements and have an understanding of the processes.
- Analyze risk parameters to verify they are within the approved tolerances and limits.
- Participate in risk technology/systems design and implementation.
- Provide back-up as required to the various other activities within the risk team.
- Support regional and global process & procedure standardization initiatives.
- Interact with other departments, such as Trading, Scheduling, Accounting, IT, etc. on local and international basis.
- Self-starter, initiative driven, dependable, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent communications required to effectively interface with management, front-to-back stakeholders, and vendors for the various applications.
- Ability to work within a dynamic and international environment.
- Ability to seek for solutions, improvements and resolve problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics discipline.
- Intermediate experience with excel and modeling, VBA is a plus.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in energy trading company specific to the Crude and Products Markets.
- Work experience with ETRM front-to-back systems in the energy sector is a plus.
- Experience working on trade attributes and understanding trader strategies.
- Good understanding of the characteristics and dynamics of the US energy markets.
- Experience in risk management within a commodities or trading environment.