Our client, a major Oil and Gas EPC company, is looking for a Riser Engineer to work on a contract position for 3 months (with the possibility of extension).
The engineer will integrate the Riser System Design department within the company. He will carry out riser system studies from tender phase to project execution, organizing activities related to riser system implementation in coordination with the riser system lead and riser department manager. He will be requested to deliver all assigned tasks and mentor junior engineers.
- Review and analyze client specifications
- Review and analyze input data provided by client. In particular metocean data, vessel data.
- Actively participate to clarification and interfacing process
- Handle the sizing and analysis of dynamic rigid, flexible or hybrid risers
- Ensure the design complies with applicable standards as well as client specifications,
- Plan and perform global analysis of the system and ensure analyses processes and methods are in line with project’s requirements
- Participate actively to design reviews
- Write and check documentation validating the design: design basis, design report, weight report.
- Issue and review material and service procurement specifications. Participate to technical evaluation of submitted offers and to the selection of suppliers. Manage the technical follow-up of purchases
- Participate, when required, to the clarification process of bids, participate to Kick-Off meetings, technical closures, risk & opportunity evaluations…
- Set up and apply quality control procedures for input data, FEA models, post-processing and results validation
- Participate to engineering audits
- Liaise with other departments and integrate their constraints in the design.
- Engineer or equivalent. Master of Science.
- English compulsory.
- 8 years of experience minimum in equivalent position.
- Software: OrcaFlex + Python. Shear7 is a bonus
- The candidate may not speak French