Job locationAberdeen, United Kingdom
Position Location: Aberdeen
Reports to: Subsurface Development Manager
Department: Development & Subsurface
The Reservoir Engineer will be responsible for the long-term management, development and optimisation of the fields and associated satellites in the asset. Working with the multi-disciplinary subsurface team assigned to the asset, the Reservoir Engineer will utilise simulation models or other analytical techniques to identify and evaluate opportunities to optimise economic recovery. They will provide long-term production and reserves/resources estimates quantifying areas of uncertainty, as well as identifying and evaluating incremental business opportunities.
• Construction and maintenance of appropriate reservoir models incorporating geoscience interpretations of static reservoir properties
• Identification of options to increase production and optimise recovery
• Manage reservoir engineering studies carried out by 3rd party contractors and vendors
• Support the Company’s process of change and continual improvement.
• Work with the other members of the multi-disciplinary sub-surface team assigned to the asset to identify new drilling opportunities and production adding Well Workovers/Interventions.
• Generation of Life of Field production profiles and maintain auditable booked reserves/resources estimates and reserves reports.
• Define Reservoir Surveillance Plan.
• Lead and Coordinate Development Project Maturation when required
• Maintain a firm understanding of the threat Cyber Attacks pose in both regular IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational Technology / industrial automation) environments and the potential consequences of such attacks
Reservoir Management Strategy
Develop a reservoir management strategy for each field to maximise production and optimise the economic recovery
• Work with the Production Engineer to develop a cost effective monitoring strategy to verify the integrity of the reservoir management strategy
Opportunity Identification and Evaluation
• Build and maintain appropriate reservoir models incorporating geoscience interpretations of static reservoir properties
• Identify options to increase production and optimise recovery
• As part of a multidisciplinary subsurface team, evaluate the incremental production and reserves for each opportunity
• Describe the key risks and quantify the uncertainties
• Maintain a ranked inventory of development opportunities for the field
• Identify and develop study and monitoring programmes to improve understanding and reduce the uncertainty and risks associated with the development options
• In conjunction with other function groups prepare a business case describing the opportunity, detailing the benefits, costs and risks
• Develop Life of Field production profiles and maintain auditable booked reserves estimates and reserves reports
• Work with the Production Engineer/Technologist in order to optimise well potentials.
Data Management and Administration
• Provide input to the business planning processes
• Write concise reports for all studies and maintain comprehensive, accessible, up-to-date records of input and interpreted data
• Other duties consistent with employee's expertise and status may also be assigned according to business needs
Education Attainment & Accreditation
• Engineering or Geoscience degree equivalent
Professional Skills & Experience
• Previous experience in reservoir engineering with Oil & Gas operating companies
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
• Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
• Capacity to acknowledge and analyse large quantities of data
• Resilient team player, who can work in the face of adversity
• Highly professional and tenacious individual, who has humility, understands their own limitations and personal development needs
• Ability to embrace change and continual improvement
I & D Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer, aiming to recruit, retain and develop our people based on merit. Recognising the value of a diverse
workforce, all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any
other characteristics protected by law.
Right of Way Agent III
Airswift has been tasked by one of its clients to find a Right of Way Agent to work a 1-year contract. Responsibilities: Responsible for performing land and rights of way acquisition and permitting...
Sr. Data Architect III
LOCATION: Corporate Office 1100 Louisiana, Houston Texas, 77002 SCHEDULE: ONSITE; M-F - 8am-5pm Organization Unit: IT - Big Data Services Airswif is seeking a data architect with proven experie...
Project Manager V
Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Project Manager V to work on a 12-month contract in Houston, TX. Responsibilities: Lead the scope definition, funding, permitting, design, ...