Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Reservoir Engineer to work on a 12-month contract in Houston, Texas.
The position will focus on operated and non-operated assets in the East Texas Basin and the core of the Haynesville in Louisiana. The Reservoir Engineer will also be responsible for supporting Operations by doing economic analysis of workover operations, working with Geology for development of recompletion opportunities, and working closely with Land/Finance on acquisition projects.
- Perform economic analysis and engineering evaluations for acquisitions, drilling, workover, and recompletion opportunities
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting for reporting purposes
- Provide reservoir engineering support for base producing wells including decline curve analysis and identifying wells that are off trend
- Make recommendations for well location/spacing, completion parameters, and other design considerations to optimize well performance and development efficiency
- Coordinate lookback analysis to evaluate lessons learned and improvements for future activities
- Investigate and understand other operators’ projects to assist in company exploration and development processes
- Maintain up-to-date and auditable reserves database
- Generate and maintain type-well curves and provide forecasts for planning purposes
- Assist with the reserves process and be able to defend reserve estimations to both internal and external parties
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-7 years of Reservoir Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Petroleum Engineering)
- ARIES proficiency required
- Spotfire experience preferred
- SQL experience is a plus
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Job is classified as light physical work in an office setting involving sitting, with intermittent periods of stooping, walking, and standing
- Occasionally may be required to lift, carry, push, or pull 10-25 pounds