Airswift is working with one of our clients to find a Research Technician to join their team on a 6-month assignment. This person will be expected to contribute to the planning and execution of laboratory-based experiments and will interact with a multi-disciplinary team, including process engineers, fundamental scientists, and product line specialists, to help accelerate product development, problem-solving, and commercialization.
- Managing the day-to-day technical work in organic synthesis, analytical testing, or tribology laboratory in support of research and development projects.
- Design, synthesis, purification, and analysis of organic molecules, as well as coordinating bench and performance tests in support of multiple research and development projects under the direction of a senior researcher
- Perform multi-gram, bench-scale organic synthesis experiments, including chemical synthesis, purification, characterization (e.g., spectroscopic techniques such as NMR, FTIR, MS, and analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC), data analysis and interpretation.
- Coordinate and perform performance testing, collection of data, data analysis and interpretation, and communication of results in written reports and presentations
- Working frequently on non-routine tasks of broadly outlined assignments involving a wide range of chemistries and product line applications.
- The position is dynamic and requires a mix of laboratory skills depending on the project's business needs.
- Ability to work in compliance with our rigorous safety standards.
- Maintaining a high degree of independence and responsibility, reliability and accountability in planning and reporting laboratory experiments.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with other chemists and engineers in the team to maximize productivity and facilitate collaboration
- Documenting technical research in written reports and presentations