Airswift has been tasked by one of its key clients to find an experienced Requisition Technician to join their team on a 3-months contract assignment working in Pasadena, TX.
The purpose of the role is processing of Purchase Requisitions for Procurement of goods and services requested by business stakeholders.
- Perform work activities efficiently while continuously looking for cost-saving opportunities
- Become familiar with and comply with Shell’s bookkeeping, data entry, and cost control procedures and practices
- Create material and service requisitions
- Track requisitions through Purchase Order creation
- Process service/material requisitions daily into GSAP for refinery and chemical projects
- Work closely with buyers to monitor and track requisitions through the Purchase Order process
- Verify cost information for materials for pit-stop and turnaround jobs
- Contact vendors for quotes and ETA delivery confirmation
- Add special work scope instructions to long text as requested
- Provide instruction to operators or requestors on proper vendor usage
- Verify the Outline Agreement (O/A) is current for buyers and operators
- Provide information and training concerning service/material requisition entry to operators
- Analyze, prepare, and issue routine reports
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Coordinate the delivery of the parts with OMC’s, Planners, Maintenance Team Leads and Scheduler to ensure that all the parts have been received before the job is scheduled and communicate the parts delivery to the required people
- Create / revise bill of materials
- Periodically check with buyer for improvement opportunities for the PR to PO process
- Follow up on the priority 1 and 2 work orders and some other lower priority ones to ensure that the purchase order was received by the vendor
The role will report to the Supply Chain PGS Lead. The person will be accountable to requisition items that have been requested by business stakeholders. They will also be accountable to ensure that the required parts have been received before a job is scheduled.
The Req Tech will work closely with the Maintenance Team Leaders and also interface with the OMC’s, Scheduler and Planners. They will requisition several million dollars of maintenance material, labour, and services for the completion of Refinery Plant Maintenance work.
- Knowledge of Maintenance, Projects and TA scope
- Experience working in a Refinery Plant
- Knowledge and experience working with SAP
- Knowledgeable of the parts that will be requisitioned
- Experience assessing priorities and being able to handle a number of requests at one time
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel and analytical skills preferred
- Good command in English both oral and written
- Fast and accurate data input skills
- Attention to details
TWIC card is required