Regulatory Specialist (Chemical)
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and technology industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients to seek a Chemical Regulatory Specialist to work within their office located in Houston, TX for an initial 12-month contract.
Works closely with product development, supply chain, project management, marketing and sales teams to ensure compliance of lubricants marketed on a global basis. Assures products marketed meet regulatory requirements related to USMCA, Import/Export regulations, OSHA, GHS, REACH and other regulatory entities as required.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Responsible for interpretation and application of regulations governing product packaging, health, safety, domestic shipping and the exportation of finished products.
- Work with outside vendors to provide information and analyze their outputs for regulator topics outside of the company’s core competency.
- Work with suppliers and customers to obtain necessary information to register, classify and assess hazards of a product.
- Manages all internal and external compliance related requests
- Organizes, updates and controls SDS documents and database
- Manages databases related to all relevant regulatory bodies
- Consults on requirements and classification for shipping hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Advises labeling of industrial packaging and consumer packaging
- Apply for government licensing of products when required
Previous education and experience required
- Education: BS in a science related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Existing knowledge of Regulatory Compliance
- Existing knowledge in both domestic and international retail, label, and chemical compliance strongly preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is also a plus
- Excellent comprehension skills
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter
- Requires outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Import/Export Material Experience a bonus
- Technology/Equipment: Microsoft Office skills - Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point