Our client, a major chemicals company, is seeking a Regulatory Science Support Technician to work on a 1-year contract in Morrisville, NC.
This professional will be responsible for executing various molecular and biochemical analyses in the laboratory, as well as growing & maintaining greenhouse production activities. The professional will support facility operations & maintenance, GLP study specific operations & maintenance to support the safety assessment of our genetically modified (GM) traits in our seed products.
- Use of methodology in analyzing samples, producing plant samples, and generating data.
- Experience with instrumentation and conducting activities in compliance with applicable methods, standard operating procedures, and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Collaborate with the improvement in workflows
- Experiment and implement innovative approaches and technologies to create efficient, compliant and quality-driven solutions.
- Execute technical laboratory experiments, such as DNA extractions, Protein extractions, PCR Analysis, Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), etc., while following the approved study protocol, applicable methods, standard operating procedures (SOPs), GLP regulations, Safety, Biosafety and Stewardship Guidelines.
- Production of high-quality plant material for GLP Studies & Reference Material by setting up pots, irrigation, chemical applications, day-to-day monitoring and cleaning the space (before and after), & providing facility records, while following the approved study protocol, applicable methods, standard operating procedures (SOPs), GLP regulations, Safety, Biosafety and Stewardship Guidelines.
- GH maintenance, such as waste management and disposal, ventilation control, environmental controls and monitoring, irrigation system management, lighting, etc. Also, stocking consumables, buffer preparation, glassware washing, and receiving of chemicals and supplies.
- Greenhouse & laboratory equipment and ensure the associated equipment maintenance is conducted and logbooks are updated in a timely manner.
- Optimize and troubleshoot technical issues encountered and capable to identify process improvements and provide innovative solutions for implementation.
- Responsible for being primary author for process documents (SOPs, etc) in areas of responsibilities.
- BS Degree in Biology, Horticulture, Agronomy, or related Field
- Experience working in a GLP environment
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge in executing molecular & biochemical analytical experiments, as well as growing & maintaining plants.
- Creative problem-solving, team player, organized and critical thinking mindset.
- Proficiency with verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate routine troubleshooting capabilities.