Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking a Regulatory Compliance Technician / Technologist Worker to work in Calgary, AB for a 1-year contract.
- Monitor client’s compliance inbox (email) for information and compliance notices from regulators (e.g., field inspection surveillance notices, audits).
- Assign, track, communicate and monitor compliance audit and inspection requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure submission of required regulatory responses by assigned deadlines via government portals.
- Ensure effective document management of regulatory submissions.
- Maintain compliance distribution contact lists.
- Prepare regular compliance status reports, including trends.
- Support internal requests for regulatory guidance by researching and preparing summaries of applicable legislation (with support).
- Review regulatory changes and provide summaries as requested (with support).
- Support audits, assessments, and reporting as requested (with support).
- Provide backup support for maintaining waste manifest data as requested (with support).
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Undergraduate degree or technical diploma.
- Working knowledge of the upstream oil and gas industry in Western Canada (conventional, in situ oil sands, pipelines).
- Minimum two years of experience in a role working with government agencies, data systems, and documentation control (or equivalent).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop positive relationships.
- Detail-oriented, good time management skills, strong ability to manage deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
You will stand out if you have:
- Knowledge of SharePoint, SAP, Spotfire/Power BI.
- Awareness of Alberta Energy Regulator directives and guidance documents an asset
- Knowledge of legal land description (Alberta and BC)