Our major client, in the energy industry, is seeking a Regulatory Analyst (Senior) to work in Calgary - AB on a 12-month assignment (likely to be extended).
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Identify new Canadian legislation, safety advisories, permit/certificate conditions and other requirements from regulators that are applicable for the company, and work with relevant SMEs to assess impact of regulatory matters on the Company.
- Conduct analysis, reviews and approvals as part of the company's Legal Requirements Monitoring Process (LRMP). The review will confirm that the analysis demonstrates compliance and that the identified groups have deemed applicability appropriately with respect to different legal requirements along with evidencing compliance to those applicable areas.
- Review and assure the completeness of action plans (as part of the LRMP) involving updates to legal requirements
- Project manage the coordination of 65+ groups and their efforts to respond to regulatory changes including supervising day to day work of the LRMP team personnel
- Provide direct support and coaching to subject matter experts in implementing compliance processes and demonstrating compliance
- Liaise with regulator staff on audits and other meetings regarding compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Develop and lead the implementation of simple and repeatable compliance assurance processes
- Develop strategies and plans to improve the implementation of the LRMP and the legal registry.
Previous experience and education required:
- University degree in a related field such as Public Policy or Law.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive relevant experience in government, operations, and/or project management
- Technical expertise with demonstrated ability to interpret legislation requirements and company standards
- Systems thinking with experience with pipeline infrastructure and management systems.
- Experience applying legal requirements and experience in writing regulatory-driven process and program documentation
- Experience with external industry committees that influence legislation and/or facilitate discussions with government
- Familiarity with project management principles and practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software applications with an emphasis on ServiceNow, SAP, SharePoint, PowerBI and Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams and Project.