Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Regulatory Advisor to join them in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania for a 12-month contract.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Prepare regulatory matrix of all statutory obligations in Tanzania and work with all business units to ensure company is meeting its ongoing obligations.
- Monitor regulatory changes and developments and alert Legal Director and Tanzania Legal Manager of impact on the Company and its activities in Tanzania.
- Support the project permitting team to identify and obtain the project authorisations required for the project in Tanzania.
- Record, keep and monitor the project authorisations in Tanzania and prepare a schedule for renewal and a matrix for any conditions attached to the authorisations.
- Assist the business units in meeting any conditions attached to the project authorisations in Tanzania.
- Identify and develop rapport with the relevant government units and assist the compliance team in setting meetings with regulatory authorities in Tanzania.
- Review all regulatory applications being made by the various business units, provide legal input and support any correspondences with the regulatory authorities in Tanzania.
- Coordinate the regulatory compliance aspect within the branch including harmonization of the Company communication to external units and ensuring government communication are channelled to relevant government units in collaboration with the Compliance team.
- Develop regulatory templates and forms to streamline the processes for the project team and other business units.
- Carry out regular compliance audits of the company and its activities and report to the Tanzania Legal Manager.
- Provide any legal input or support required by the Compliance Officer and Internal Auditor.
- Provide any regulatory and compliance input required for the Company Management System.
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Experience in dealing with regulatory bodies and government authorities and working on government facing matters.
- Oil & gas or construction experience or qualifications will be an added advantage
- Fluent English