A Renewable Energy Company client of ours is looking to hire an Office Assistant to support its new office in Industry City. This office will serve as the hub for all regional offshore wind activities, an innovation hub and the home to an offshore learning center that will provide New Yorkers an opportunity to learn about this growing renewables industry. New York State has set one of the nation's most ambitious goals for transitioning to renewable energy.
- Coordinate and perform services, such as telephone operator/receptionist and other office support services.
- Front Desk duties:
- Welcome visitors entering the main reception door following the organization´s procedures for registration, announcement, and sign out.
- Provide visitor lanyards to all guests upon arrival and collect lanyards before departure
- Provide brief safety orientation to all visitors identifying the fire exits in event of emergency
- Ensure all visitors view Safety Video at kiosk
- Answer all calls, screen unwanted calls, and forward calls as necessary to employees
- Monitor and properly forward all incoming faxes
- Ensure coverage of desk and phones during working hours (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM).
- Enter tickets in the building system as required for necessary services (i.e. cleaning, hot/cold calls, etc.)
- Maintain office distribution list and order building access card and ID badges for new personnel
- Receipt and sending of daily USPS mail/FedEx/UPS
- Office Supplies:
- Maintain relationship with vendors to ensure timely delivery
- Place orders for office/pantry supplies regularly and as nee
- Be aware of cost while delivering quality products
- Monitor the S@E ticket queue for Brooklyn FM deliveries (onboarding, offboarding, moves, office supplies’ etc)
- Coordinate all Catering requests while ensuring delivery, payment, and quality of catering
- Support employees with meeting room booking system and resolving conflicts or errors
- Supporting the business by providing support, coordinating, or educating in the area of travel.
- Coordinate efficient use of local transportation service vendors such as airport car services
- Maintain list of local safe and reliable hotels
- Creation of requisitions/service entries/goods receipt as required in SAP
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2 years’ administrative/reception experience or similar skills
- Customer service oriented
- Bilingual candidates will be a plus
- Project management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams & Outlook)
- Knowledge of SAP