Our client, a major Oil & Energy Company is seeking an Aircraft Ramp Operator to work within their facilities located in Kenai, AK for an ongoing contract (12-month contract with possible extensions)
- The professional will ensure that flights run on time loading/unloading baggage and passengers is just one of the main duties of this position.
- Must keep records of shipped goods, move cargo to and from the aircraft, and document damage and mishandled items.
- Must clean the interior of the aircraft, including the galleys, seats, windows, and waste disposal receptacles.
- Drive heavy equipment like loaders, a snowplow, company fleet vehicles, baggage carts, de-ice, and push-back tugs.
- Guide aircraft into the hangar and backing them up for take-off are other critical duties of this position.
- TrackIT program creates flight logs, passengers’ manifests, cargo, and flight following and prints them.
- Make passenger and cargo reservations.
- Constant vigilance about aircraft traffic and attention to safety procedures is imperative for this position
Education / Requirements
- A high school diploma or a GED
- have a valid driver’s license.
- You may have to get a Customs Seal if you are working on international flights.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds in an isolated lift or 40 to 50 pounds to a higher surface, on a regular basis.
- Ramp experience will be a plus.
- Microsoft programs, i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
- Plow Truck
- Sand Truck
- SIDA Badge
- HAZMAT Material Handling
- Ramp hand signals
- 1st Aid
Rotation Position in Kenai working one week on and one week off.