Rail Foremen – Rail
Key Remit: The Rail Foreman will be responsible for railroad track construction projects including the bid and proposal process, and crew oversight.
Location: Decatur, Streator, Indiana
Contract: This is a permanent position
Salary / Package: Negotiable - Around $27-35 basic hourly rate is typical. Full package including overtime at time and a half, quarterly safety bonus and daily meal plan – $25-day, tax free
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget, and interviews can be held within 2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Alex Stanforth
We are a full-service railroad contractor providing an array of services from maintenance and rehabilitation, new construction, road crossings, surfacing, 24/7 emergency call outs and rail design/engineering. We are continually growing since we began offering complete civil design alongside our rail design experience and with a very bright future, we are in the market for a Rail Foreman to join our growing team.
- Responsible for railroad track construction projects including the bid and proposal process, initial billing, and purchase orders.
- Crew oversight and ensuring projects are completed safely and efficiently.
- Hands-on direction and implementation of track, rail yard work, and other projects as assigned
- Determine materials needed and staff requirements for projects
- Will utilize company operating procedures and FRA rules, standards, and instructions to complete project work and to maximize asset utilization and control costs
- Oversee the work assigned to the crew ensuring that it is completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Lead the on-boarding and training activities on new employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Comprehensive knowledge of track structure, construction, and maintenance, and identifying track defects
- Must be able to operate, and train others how to operate a backhoe and front-end loader
- Excellent communication skills: must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills
- Must have the ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently under minimal supervision
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to deal with the typical problems that occur in rail car switching
- Certification required if operating on track controlled by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Experience performing administrative tasks including initial billing, purchasing supplies, and timekeeping for crew
- Experience using ADP software
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Alex Stanforth.