Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is hiring a Radiographic Film Interpreter to work in a 12 months contract position located in Prudhoe Bay- North Slope, Alaska.
- The Interpreter will analyze and process inspection data and inspection work packages from the NDE crews in accordance with owner operator policies and procedures.
- Analyze and associate inspection data in MIMIR as needed.
- Enter analyzed data into MIMIR and/or film imaging software GE Rhythm.
- Interpret and grade radiographic images of DWE/SWV (“through wall”), profile radiography, and tangential radiography.
- Perform densitometry calculations of wall loss utilizing the DWE/SWV technique.
- Perform estimations of wall loss for scale buildup and/or moisture content on CUI radiographs.
- Perform fitness for service calculations as necessary.
- Research equipment engineering specifications and historical inspection/layout data.
- Process inspection work packages within MIMIR.
- Process and route change sheets for data corrections.
- Assist with the development and revisions of working procedures.
- Follow all owner/operator company policies and procedures.
- Communicate with client, supervisors, peers, and inspection personnel to resolve issues.
- Mentor radiographic testing personnel in radiographic techniques and procedural requirements
- Have minimal rework due to errors caused by inaccurate interpretation, data analysis or incorrect information in work packages.
- Maintain a minimal backlog of workload so as not to impact others.
- Demonstrate flawless application of all HSE and company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the NDE inspection methods used for inspection (Computed Radiography (CR), Digital Radiography (DR), possess an understanding of the layout process, and be familiar with the various corrosion mechanisms that affect equipment and process systems in Greater Prudhoe Bay (CO2 Corrosion, Microbiological Induced Corrosion (MIC), Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI), Erosion, etc.).
- Understanding of the underlying principles of both CR and DR
- Understanding of written standards and procedures used in pipeline integrity operations.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with traditional (wet film) radiographic operations.
- Working knowledge of MIMIR and understand the change sheet process.