Our client, a major Oil and Gas client is seeking a Radiation Protection Officer to work Onshore/Offshore Mozambique for an initial 2 years contract subject to extension.
Should be responsible for the Protection of employees from the exposure to ionizing radiation caused by devices that uses ionizing radiation onboard the FLNG.
- Compliance with the standards of radiological protection and safety requirements of the Radiological Protection Regulation;
- Develop and implement a radiation protection and safety programme/Plan associated with the level of risk from exposure, in which it should:
- Determine and continuously monitor the measures necessary to achieve the objectives of radiological protection and safety requirements;
- Identify, prevent or promptly correct any failure arising from radiological protection and safety measures;
- Facilitating consultation and cooperation in relation to radiological protection and safety requirements;
- Maintain register of radioactive sources and ionizing radiation generators up to date ready for inspections by authorities;
- Advise and ensure adequate types of radiation monitoring devices are made available, calibrated and ready for use by workers;
- Advise on emergency response plan requirement and ensure adequate emergency response tools and training.
- Ensure that:
Radioactive sources and generators of ionising radiation are managed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the licence;
When radioactive sources are not in use, they are properly stored;
Radioactive sources and generators of ionising radiation are transferred if the recipient has the appropriate licence;
Measures are taken for the safe management of radioactive sources corresponding to categories 1, 2 and 3, including appropriate financial provisions, in the event of disuse of the sources;
The import and export of radioactive sources of category 1, 2 and 3 shall be made in accordance with the provisions of the applicable local regulation;
Sources are dispatched and received in accordance with the requirements of the applicable local regulation;
Assistance is guaranteed to the State authorities in the recovery of lost or misplaced radioactive sources and emergency response planning.
- Train exposed workers on the safe use of the ionizing radiation in process industry;
- Periodically provide the regulatory authority with data regarding the radiometric survey of the facilities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Chemistry or Technological Sciences.
- Radiological Protection Officer Course.
- Certified by Local Authority as Radiation Protection Officer.
- Minimum of 5 year acting the role as certified RPO.
- Experienced in the application of radioactive isotopes in process industries.
- Ability to respond to the complexity of the activity and the associated radiological risks.
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of the applicable Law; 8/2017 of 21st of July- Law of Atomic Energy and Decree 49/2018 of 21st of August - Regulation on Radiologic Protection
For candidates with residence in Mozambique only.