On behalf of our client, a leader in Offshore floating energy systems, we are recruiting for a Concept R&D Engineer (Electrical) to work within their Renewable Energy team focussing on the development of Wave Energy Converter systems.
The role would be on a freelance basis with an initial 5 month contract on offer however this is likely to be extended as the project develops. Rate is negotiable depending in experience. Initially, there would be a period working from home however long term it is expected that you would be based at the clients offices in the South of France.
- Define, organize and lead all research and development activities related to Electronic Power Take-Off Systems for Wave Energy Converters based on Electroactive Polymers
- Develop, validate and make compliant with all relevant and applicable regulations the electrical system architecture of the WEC PTO
- Lead and supervise the realization of the electrical and electronic packages for the prototype S3 WEC PTO, including custom Electronic Modules, Grid Converters, Auxiliary Power Supply, Energy Storage Systems, Sensing Systems, SCADA, and Cable & Connector Systems
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with specialization in Power Systems, Electronics and/or Power Electronics
- Practical skills and experience in designing, building and testing electronic prototypes and demonstrators
- General background in electronics with knowledge of converters, drivers, sensors, actuators, EMC, HV, safety, computer systems, networking, communication, racks & cabinets
- Knowledge of developing and evaluating models in MATLAB, Simulink & SimScape
- Knowledge of programming control & acquisition systems in LabVIEW (Core, RT & FPGA)
- Advanced knowledge of design, regulations and safety standards related to High-Voltage up to 10kV DC
- Be familiar with common practices and design challenges in the offshore energy industry