Research & Development Director - Finland
Key Skills: Research and Development of high-performance, non-harmful, functional coatings and fire-retardant solutions for various material applications.
Location: Porvoo, Finland
Timeframe: Full budget and sign off with interviews being held in the upcoming weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Alex Stanforth
Key words: Green Chemicals, Flame Retardant Coatings, Chemistry, Fire Retardants, Wooden construction products, Laminates, Insulation materials and Resins.
We are an innovative green chemicals company serving the needs of the global flame-retardant coatings market. We are looking for a highly skilled, innovative, and ambitious R&D Professional in the field of chemistry to accelerate the development of our new generation fire retardant product family.
Key responsibilities include:
- Your main task is to manage the research and development of new
high-performance, non-harmful, functional coatings and fire-retardant solutions for
various material applications, i.e., wooden construction products, laminates,
insulation materials and resins.
- You will also actively engage in and manage international publicly funded
co-operation projects. You will be working with our internal R&D team located in the
Helsinki capital region in Southern-Finland, and in close co-operation with leading
international research institutes and universities.
- You have a strong interest in creating unique value for customers through novel
chemistries. Understanding of the product development process from idea to
business and offering the best possible products and solutions to customers drives
you to continuous improvement.
- Active follow-up of the developments in our customer industries, patenting
processes, raw materials, application techniques, and markets will help you to
succeed in creating market-changing, competitive products for our product
- You also have an interest in managing a growing team of engineers and chemists
and lead the effort of building a world-class R&D function.
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Good communication, organizing, collaboration and team-work skills
- Master’s degree or PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent
- Strong understanding of organic chemistry and synthesis
- Knowledge of patenting processes (PCT, national patents etc)
- Experience and interest in technical project management using modern tools
The next step:
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to this business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager at firstname.lastname@example.org