Quantity Surveyor / Estimator (CSA)
August 1, 2020
This Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator position will work in owner’s organization and responsible for conducting quantity survey for civil, structure and architecture (CSA) work and estimating construction related changes/claims.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and be familiar with contract Scope of Work, BoQ, measurement of methods and built-up of contract price.
- Set up and formalize quantity survey work flow and procedure for CSA disciplines.
- Prepare project specific quantity verification procedure and template, including quantities verification schedule and plans for submission, review, and approval cycle.
- Perform quantity verification in line with the measurement of method stipulated under the contract documents. Maintain a quantity verification log which document all quantity audit conducted to-date.
- Check and verify claimed quantities in terms of quantity measurement convention and contractual entitlement, ensure that all quantities claimed and calculations area arithmetically correct.
- Work with Contractor’s Quantity Surveyor and participate in clarification meetings on the deviations between claimed quantities against owner’s audit results.
- Provide interim quantities forecast to Cost Control and change management coordinator periodically for effective project cost control and analysis.
- If required, to support estimator to verify final quantities based on final as-built and/ or approved “red-line” mark-up drawings.
- If required, to support estimator to verify quantities for changes, punch list items and/ or carry-over work, if any.
- Keep all quantity audit files adequately archived and stored for an easy and efficient retrieval.
- If required, to support estimator, compile final Bill of Quantities (BoQ) and report for close out analysis.
- If required, to support estimator to review and validate construction contractors’ estimate of change proposals, to ensure accuracy of quantity, jobhours, cost of labor, equipment, and materials.
- Have worked in owner’s project execution environment or major EPC firms for major projects
- Accredited four (4) year degree and minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in quantity survey / estimating
- Must be proficient in MS Office and able to manage large volumes of data
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Capable of managing impact of changes and trends
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large team that includes EPC contractor, engineering disciplines, execution management team, and 3rd party suppliers
- Strong work ethic, able to produce required deliverables with accuracy and on time
- Good analytical and computer skills
- Familiar with China labor market, labor rates and labor productivities
- Proficient in English as working language.