Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Quality Specialist Coatings & Insulation - Offplots to work for Onshore Mega LNG Project. This is a 2 years residential contract to be based in Qatar.
- Leads the monitoring and oversight of the multiple EPC’s Insulation and Coatings Contractor Teams field planning, coordination, and execution activities within designated area of responsibility across all disciplines.
- Appraises the performance of the OffPlots Insulation and Coatings Contractor Teams in safety, quality, cost (as applicable) and schedule.
- Evaluates field change proposals by the OffPlots EPC’s Insulation and Coatings Contractor Teams to manage the NFE Onshore Project’s management of change process.
- Prepares and provides routine verbal and written progress reports to the NFE Onshore Project Construction Heads for LNG Tanks, Pipelines, Sulphur Tanks, Waste-Water Treatment Plant and the Construction
- Head Pipelines/Civil and updates S-curve performance of the contractor with analysis to achieve progress.
- Ensures that the EPC’s Insulation and Coatings Contractor Teams develop, implement, and sustains its Safety and Quality program at site.
- Assist the EPC’s Contractor in the coordination of activities between subcontractors and SIMOPS with the operating facilities.
Reporting and Relationships
Reports to Quality Division Manager – Offplots with indirect reporting to Quality Heads (OffPlots EPC’s).
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- The Quality Coating & Insulation position will be responsible for Insulation and Coatings Quality construction activities on the NFE Onshore Project (Offplots). Takes responsibility for safety, quality, cost (as applicable) and schedule within their area of responsibility and supervise relevant construction personnel.
- Hold and drive the OffPlots contractors to the terms and conditions of the contract.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Provides safety leadership by example to the NFE Onshore Project Quality Team (Offplots) and the EPC’s Insulation and Coatings Contractor Team, its subcontractors and site vendors
- As delegated by the Quality Division Head, the incumbent is responsible for the implementation of the NFE Onshore Project Site Safety program which includes the SHES Activity.
- Responsible for ensuring the EPC’s Insulation and Coatings Contractor Team implements and sustains its obligations and responsibilities for SHES project deliverables
- NFE Onshore Project EPC’s Team Quality and Construction representative for monitoring and coordinating site activities of the Insulation and Coatings Contractor Teams and its subcontractors in their area of responsibility.
- Reports on the Quality construction activities, progress, areas of concern and mitigating actions. Leads appropriate weekly construction discipline review meetings.
- Prepares for and participates in weekly Quality review meetings.
- Responsible for implementation of execution activities and ensures development, review, and approval (as required) of appropriate plans, procedures, and programs for safe and effective execution. This includes authorization of RLIC permits.
- Provides accurate, timely and routine reports to the Quality Division Head and Quality Managers on project planning and execution activities
- Reviews and approves the Insulation and Coatings Contractor Team construction sequence plans, work plans, pre-task planning and method statements to ensure comprehensive safety and constructability in their area of responsibility.
- Leads incident investigations with support from the SHES organization.
- Ensures Insulation and Coatings Contractor Team construction activities are completed in accordance with NFE Onshore Project Quality procedures, regulations, specifications, standards, and permit to work procedures as applicable, including relevant RLIC procedures. Daily sanctioning of permits and monitoring of work areas.
- Coordinate and correspond with other parties and asset owners in RLIC corridors and crossing areas where required.
- Participates in the review of subcontracts and ensures that adequate control and changes in work procedures are established.
- Reviews and approves construction field changes and extra work requests as delegated by the Construction Head.
- Supervises and manages NFE Onshore Project Quality Team direct report project personnel.
- Assists NFE Onshore Project Construction Heads in executing their responsibilities and acts in their behalf during their absence.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and schedule work (short term and long term) and
- ensures execution of work plan by subordinates (as applicable).
- Monitors and ensures the correction of non-conformance report items and other
- issues supporting QA/QC compliance.
- Monitors site material handling, insulation prefabrication progress and warehousing procedures of the insulation and coatings program.
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Engineering or Science
- Recognized degree in engineering or construction management, and or prior work experience or apprenticeship leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
- NACE 3 (or equivalent).
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in construction and project execution
- Experience in major Construction Projects (including brown-field work) with total capital expenditure >USD$1B
- Preferred to have recent experience on Qatargas Projects and working in Ras Laffan Industrial City
Technical and Business Skills:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to review and comment on technical documents
Great interpersonal skills