Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a Quality Lead to work on an initial 1-year assignment in Ingleside, TX.
This position is open for candidates from the USA and Canada.
The Site Quality Lead will be a part of oversight and monitoring of the Project Quality Plan and related inspection activities performed by the Contractor to ensure that all project specifications and quality requirements are being met.
The position is responsible for leadership of the quality inspectors and strategically monitoring site construction activities to verify compliance to project specifications and regulatory compliance. The candidate will be a focus on continuous improvement opportunities and provide guidance to the site team, contractor, and management on quality management.
- Ensure implementation of the approved quality systems and procedures to meet the company's expectations and contract requirements
- Perform inspection and verification of both in-process and completed work activities, witnessing testing performed by the contractor and their subcontractors, and review of documentation
- Perform inspections and verify work is in compliance with project drawings, specifications, and applicable codes including regulatory requirements. The individual will be required to complete daily inspection reports/checklists and maintain records.
- Conduct audits, in addition to conducting and reviewing the quality of incident investigations.
- Performing and directing the site team to conduct assurance and verification, examples provided below:
- Material Control and storage
- Personnel Qualification
- Quality reports and witness testing
- Monitor welding fabrication
- 10-15 years experience in offshore construction or heavy steel fabrication.
- Knowledge of quality management systems and project codes/standards as applicable to offshore topsides construction requirements, including auditing and continuous improvement processes.
- Posses excellent computer skills and am proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Post-secondary education in the field of engineering or engineering technology as it relates to mechanical and steel fabrication.
- Certification in welding inspection from a recognized organization.
- Extensive knowledge and working understanding of the various codes and standards used for offshore Canadian steel fabrication and design.
- Experience working in the US is an asset.