Airswift has been tasked to invite an experienced QA Engineer capable to preparing QA manuals for US nuclear requirements. This is a contract engagement of 12 months
Assignment: 1 year with possible extension, ASAP basis
- Preparing, managing, and maintaining the nuclear QA manuals
- Support and conduct operational audits
- Review of Inspection Reports
- Management of Supplier Deviation Requests
- Support maintenance of all quality certifications required for both commercial and nuclear orders (including ISO 9001 and ASME nuclear certificates).
- Use detailed process mapping tools to define and analyze quality management workflows.
- Interact with the functional areas including manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, production, and field service/repair to evaluate failure trends, product quality problems, and quality issues.
- Evaluate existing quality processes and systems for effectiveness and improvement opportunities.
- Interact with customers and suppliers on quality issues plus the resolution of any problems within a process and final product acceptance.
- Provide input, guidance, and coaching to the site leadership team to ensure continuous improvement.
- Provide quality support for in-process and final inspection to establish quality standards and customers’ requirements.
- Be able to perform and coach others in data analysis and perform root cause analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field (manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical)
- 5 years experience in the nuclear industry
- Experience working with NQA-1 and ISO 9001 quality management systems
- Knowledge of the requirements of 10CFR50 appendix B, NQA-1, and ASME Sec III.
- Skilled in data analysis and quality KPI performance management
- Capable of communicating effectively in both verbal and written form with a wide variety of customers
- Qualified Internal Auditor