Our client, a major Chemical company, is looking for a QC Laboratory Technician to work on a 12-months contract in Sparks, Georgia.
- Ensures the quality of products by performing physical and chemical analyses of raw materials, in-process and finished products in support of the manufacturing process.
- Analyze routine raw material, in-process, and finished good samples using various laboratory techniques including High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC) and other methodology such as particle size analyzer, density meter, viscometer, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of all analytical data according to Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Escalate Out-of-Spec materials to QC Lab Supervisor for data review.
- Aid in management of inventory of consumables such as HPLC columns, spare parts, reference standards, and control samples.
- Complete routine troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Identify and implement process improvement in laboratory functions.
- Strict adherence to established quality, safety and environmental standards is required
- The QC Laboratory Technician primarily works a 12-hour rotating shift. This position requires schedule flexibility to assist with vacation coverage of other team members when necessary (including some weekends and holidays) as well as some early-morning training responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree (BS) (Chemistry or related science field) with 2 years of lab experience; OR High School Diploma with a minimum of 4 years laboratory experience or 2 years chromatography experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of analytical techniques, understanding of proper chemical handling, use, storage and disposal.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelors Degree(BS) preferred in Chemistry or related science field.
- Experience in an Analytical Lab environment.
- Proficiency in laboratory techniques, including by not limited to hands on use of HPLC and we chemistry methods.
- Experience in microbiological analysis.
- Experience with Gas Chromatography (GC)
- Experience with Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy (LCMS).