Airswift has been tasked by one of its major clients to seek a QC Lab Technician to work a 11-month contract in Pasadena, TX.
The laboratory technician will be responsible for supporting plant production by providing accurate analysis of sample measurements that will ensure quality assurance and process. Samples involved will include raw material, in-process, and final product.
- Analyze samples based upon laboratory procedures that ensure quality assurance.
- Preform analysis of samples by utilizing colorimetry, spectrophotometry, gas chromatography, atomic absorption, titrations, and wet methods.
- Operate laboratory instrumentation in a safe and professional manner.
- Conduct minor preventive maintenance on laboratory instrumentation.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure laboratory supplies are upheld.
- Logistical responsibility of product analysis, retention, and creation of COA’s.
- Maintain data, records of analyses, QA/QC and 5S standards.
- Uphold responsible housekeeping and follow established quality, safety and environmental procedures and policies.
- The position requires a BS degree with a minimum of 6 months experience or an associate degree in an applied science discipline with a minimum of 2 years laboratory experience.
- Familiar with GC, AA, TOC, Colorimeter, Spectrophotometer, Specific Gravity, HACH, titrator, moisture analyzer and wet methods.
- Experience with laboratory methods and procedures.
- Ability for problem solving, troubleshooting, report generation and work with a diverse team of lab technicians, chemists, production and logistics.
- Basic computer skills which involve Excel, Word, Laboratory software, SAP and Galaxie CDS software.
- This position requires that all candidates possess a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card or can obtain one.