Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Chemical clients to seek a Quality Control Laboratory Technician to work in their facilities located in Wyandotte, Michigan on a 1-year assignment with the possibility to extend.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Independently perform routine and non-routine work
- Support the QC laboratory in testing all samples, if applicable.
- Coordinate and test raw materials and finished products on a daily basis based upon back logs, customer shipment schedules and/or as directed by management.
- Communicate the backlog of samples to be tested to Manager.
- Communicate work schedule(s) to Manager including weekend work to ensure QC testing does not become excessively backlogged as a result of back logged samples
- Ensure work instructions are aligned with overall company test methods.
- May revise and/or develop laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the inspection/preventative maintenance of all laboratory equipment.
- Quality Information database system: record test data in a timely manner to enable real time SPC charting and analysis.
- Review SPC data/charts identifying unusual trends, may suggest special causes and assist in corrective action.
- Must notify Management of unusual trend(s).
- Ensure open communication regarding SPC trend(s) with other QC laboratory personnel.
Previous education & experience required:
- In-depth knowledge of test methods, processes, and laboratory equipment for raw material, liquid and finished products.
- If applicable, ability to make retarder to meet finished product specifications.
- Need to have knowledge of all lab equipment (vicat apparatus, air jet sieve, screen sieves, scratch testing equipment, weigh scale, hardness tester, and if applicable colorimeter).
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple/concurrent tasks in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major Chemical company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.