Our client, a major chemical company, is seeking a QC Lab Technician for a 1-year contract (with possible extension) to join them in Mauldin, SC.
- A strong safety focus and commitment is required. Must wear PPE and follow safety procedures.
- Testing of raw materials, in-process samples, and final samples.
- Responsible for routine calculations and decisions for making process adjustments as required.
- Accurate recording in RTPS and SAP and communicating the test results.
- Standardizations of all reagents used in the laboratory.
- Perform internal standard testing for maintenance & failure prevention of laboratory equipment and reagents. Responsible for reporting unsafe laboratory equipment and conditions.
- Maintain a supply of solvents and safe disposal of wastes. Communicate the need to order reagents and supplies.
- Unpacking and storing reagents and supplies when received.
- Communications with internal and external customers in the absence of the laboratory supervisor.
- Ensure that retains are obtained and stored properly. Disposal of in-process, raw material and old retain as needed.
- Clean of all glassware and general housekeeping of the lab.
- Responsible for troubleshooting on products being manufactured in the plant if needed.
- File raw material and product batch sheets.
- Experience with typical QC Lab Testing including basic chemistry techniques such as KF moisture analysis, pH analysis, Acid/Base titrations, GC Analysis, Raw Material Identification Analysis (Mid-IR), Viscosity analysis, Particle Size Analysis, and Hydroxyl/Cloud Point Testing.
- Able to work rotating day and night shifts.