Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a QA/QC Specialist to work on a 1-year contract in Prince George, BC.
Reporting to the Dig Program Supervisor, this position is responsible to coordinate and execute Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) related activities working in collaboration with Operations, Contractors and Functional stakeholders.
- Conduct Field Quality and QA/QC documentation assessments to ensure QA/QC requirements are being met
- Lead investigations relating to quality incidents and assessment of the Dig Program processes, procedures and work practices.
- Provide direction in the collection of all integrity dig QA/QC information, identifying non-conformances, and collaborating with stakeholders to address non-conformances and implement corrective action plans.
- Work with Dig Program Supervisor to develop the Quality Management Plan, Quality Roadmap, and related procedures on the Dig Binder, Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) guidelines, Field Quality Assessments, Turnover Package, KPI Metrics, Lesson Learned and any processes or procedures required as part of continuous improvement and Future state design.
- Develop a specific QA/QC Program Charter and design, manage and implement QA/QC deliverables.
- Review and ensure Contractor compliance with Inspection Plans, construction drawings and procedures, and other quality documents applicable to the work being performed.
- Ensure all integrity dig field records are compiled, and the Dig Binder and required turnover packages are completed and submitted by Contractors to the Operations Lead and QA/QC Specialist for review.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge on both internal and external QA/QC policies, procedures, codes, standards and legislation.
- Coordinate with Field Engineering and Pipeline Integrity on specifications, standards and code revisions as required.
- Conduct Field Quality Assessments and document QA/QC integrity dig deficiencies to focus on improvement opportunities to enhance Dig Program execution performance.
- Professional certification in PMP, Quality Management or equivalent is an asset.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Quality management role, at offices and at construction sites.
- Thorough knowledge of Engineering, Supply Chain, Fabrication and Construction Quality processes as part of project execution.
- Experience with Process Safety Management.
- Excellent working knowledge of applicable Canadian codes and standards (such as the Z-662).
- Ability and willingness to travel.