Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to search for a QA/QC Lead to work on a project in Houston, Texas.
The job holder is responsible for the preparation, implementation, coordination and reporting of all activities related to Quality Management for the Project, and for the reporting at management level, for the duration of the Project.
- Promote Quality in the FPU package and provide Quality advice;
- Assist FPU management in the definition of organizational requirements per package, and the selection and coordination of QC personnel;
- Assist the Project QA/QC Lead and the FPU team in the organization, implementation and audit of quality procedures related to the project (internal activities oriented);
- Assist the Project QA/QC Lead to define, develop, implement and control implementation of a Quality Management System for the project (external activities oriented) and assist the FPU team and Work Package Managers in the organization and implementation of such Quality Management System;
- Define, organize and coordinate the Quality Surveillance of Contractors and of their main Subcontractors, organize Quality audits and visits in coordination with concerned Package Managers, and issue updated evaluations of their performance within the project;
- Review and give advice on Contractors', Subcontractors' and suppliers' QA/QC Inspection & Test Plans for overall coherence and adequacy (format, document control and enforcement to Quality Specifications), with the knowledge that prime responsibility for Quality Control remaining with the Packages Managers and their teams;
- Supervising functionally the QA/QC Leaders and Engineers assigned within the different Packages. The job holder is also accountable individually for demonstrating an exemplary behavior regarding HSSE rules and requirements, and regarding the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy.
- Develop, adapt and implement the Quality Management System (QMS) of the project (policies, plans, procedures and requirements for Contractors) on the basis of Company Quality charters, directives, rules and objectives, and to define, develop and implement the associated organization and means.
- Review as necessary company’s Bidders/Contractor's key documents (e.g.: project execution plans, project quality plans, quality control plans, audit schedules and key project procedures), ensuring that they are in line with Project expectations and that they fulfil contract requirements.
- Prepare and implement, during the next phase of the project, in the execution of an External Audit Plan covering Contractors and Major Subcontractors in order to ensure enforcement of QMS requirements, and to monitor the External Audits findings & remarks, and any other reported Quality problems, through periodic meetings with Contractors.
- Review all Contractors’ Quality Plans, ITP’s and other quality documentation to ensure conformance to Project requirements.
- Ensure Contractors adhere to approved ITP’s for the applicable construction activities.
- Organize and attend at Quality Audits.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, or equivalent.
- 15+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry, being 5-10 years in a similar position, in a project environment
- GOM Deepwater development experience
- Offshore experience, specifically in Gulf of Mexico
- Preparation and implementation of Project Quality management Systems
- Proficient organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Team worker capable of working autonomously