Purpose of the job
The position is for the duration of Major Turnaround (MTA-3) at QSGTL site in Ras Laffan between January and March 2022.
Person will be responsible for the site overhaul, installation & commissioning of rotating equipment such as pumps, compressors, steam turbines and fans.
Person will work under guidance of the Project Manager and QA/QC Engineer and will ensure all tasks are completed safely and according to project plan.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Check and inspect rotating equipment and/or components as identified in the approved Inspection and Test Plan.
- Ensure approved quality procedures, method statement, work instructions and ITP were followed throughout the shutdown process.
- Use of measuring equipment (Vernier, Micrometer, dial, etc.) to tight tolerances.
- Record and document all deviations from the approved Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and the Turnaround Quality Assurance Manual.
- Generate client Requests for Inspection (RFI) where required providing sufficient notice for hold, witness, and inspection points.
- Review the calibration status of any test equipment being utilized on the project ensuring the equipment is within calibration prior to use.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all personnel.
- Comply with all Project HSE requirements i.e. PPE, work Permits etc.
- Maintain traceability of each components disassembled.
- Provide inputs for Quality Control reports.
- Attend project review meetings as and when required to provide input and advise on quality element of turnaround process.
- Knowledge in NDT process like Penetrant Inspection, Magnetic particle inspection and Ultrasonic inspection.
- All other duties as relevant to the post