Our client, a major midstream company, is looking for a Supplier QA Lead (Senior), to work on a 1-year assignment in Calgary, AB.
The Supplier Quality Lead will report to the Manager of Material Management, Warehousing & Supplier Performance to stand-up a project specific Supplier Quality team/program; for Major Project Supplier Quality monitoring.
- Collaborate with the Technical Center, Project Management, Engineering, Materials Management, and Sourcing team on all activity required to effectively manage supplier quality requirements & supplier development. Primary areas of focus will be supplier auditing, qualification, continuous improvement and supplier change request resolution.
- Work in coordination with 3PI suppliers to innovate modernize shop level inspections, including remote/virtual solutions which take into account todays challenging travel restrictions
- Improve Supplier Quality performance for assigned suppliers through Quality Plan implementation.
- Review and approval of third-party inspectors prior to assigning work assignments.
- Ensure timely receipt of shop inspectors reports.
- Develop and issue shop inspection assignments making sure the assignment package is complete and thorough.
- Work internally and with the shop inspector to ensure correct resolution of NCRs and other technical-related matters.
- Ensure correct internal distribution of inspection reports.
- Communication with internal stakeholders to ensure awareness of quality matters.
- Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with the OFI /NCR processes.
- Assure supplier compliance to regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process.
- Collaborate with internal Stakeholders to drive Quality requirements that ensures quality outcomes.
- Strong background in interpretation of drawings/ specifications, and manufacturing process planning / evaluation.
- ASNT- TC 1A NDE qualification level 1 or 2.
- Direct experience in supplier technical development or supplier quality development
- Degree in an engineering or technical discipline or equivalent non-technical degree with experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or Quality Assurance.
- Experience in Leading Root Cause investigations and influence others cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies and in-depth understanding of site level products and related processes.
- Desire and ability to travel 40% of the time.