Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Purchasing Specialist to work on a 6-9-month contract in Trinidad.
The professional needs to achieve lowest cost safe and reliable provision of all purchasing for materials, equipment and services in support of offshore exploration, projects, corporate and operations.
- Ensures conformance with the Company’s Charter, the Governance Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations such as anti-bribery, corruption and due diligence.
- Leads with an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Acts respectfully and fairly with all team members, embracing differences so that everyone feels cared for and included. Recognises and celebrates achievements and successes within the team.
- Effective evaluation of Procurement deliverables in the presence of uncertainty, risk and considering and balancing business dimensions e.g. technical, cost, schedule and recommend path forward.
- Manage RFx process, including market engagement strategy, vendor identification and negotiation, commercial evaluation and selection.
- Procure competitively priced materials, services and equipment of the correct technical specification, in an ethical, cost effective and timely manner.
- Maintain and manage key relationships with internal customers, functional teams and other stakeholders.
- Accountable for data accuracy and ownership of procurement system(s) data: GL's, account assignment, Material groups, tax codes, links to outline agreements.
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and services to meet business requirements, in line with schedule, cost and quality ensuring Procurement expertise and advice to assigned stakeholder group.
- Provide support to C&P Advisers in the contracting lifecycle particularly when operationalising contractual agreements in Procurement systems and in practice.
- Demonstrated competency in invoicing / credits, spend monitoring and identifying price increases, late payments, vendor blocks.
- Administration and close out of Purchase Orders, including changes, claims, disputes, and extensions.
- Manage suppliers as appropriate for role (SRM, problem resolution), with focus to improve supplier relationships and performance.
- Liaise with and provide feedback to package owners/ requisitioners.
- Assist in collection, development and reporting of key metrics.
- P2P problem resolution appropriate to role on an escalated basis; improved relationships with internal customers, functional teams and other stakeholders.
- Increased visibility / audit-ability across the integrated supply chain and an understanding of the mutual impacts of process aligned teams.
- Awareness of Local Content participation (including Indigenous businesses and businesses local to the relevant entity, project location or activity) in the supply chain, working with internal stakeholders and suppliers to deliver sustainable economic benefit.
- Improved lead time performance within procurement process ensuring timely delivery of goods and services to meet business requirements.
- Awareness of budgeting process and cycle, expenditure analysis and forecasting.
- Awareness of the requirements and methodology for developing and managing schedules, including estimating durations, dependencies, critical path, uncertainties and contingencies.
- Experience in procurement within ERP system, with SAP/ Ariba required
- MS Office applications
- 5-10 years in Supply Chain, notably major offshore Oil & Gas/ Energy operations
- E-business platforms and practices Awareness of process automation preferred
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Risk management & problem solving skillset