Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Pumper/Operator to work on a 12-month contract in Carlsbad, NM.
The Pumper/ Operator monitors gauges and flow meters and inspects equipment to ensure that tank levels, temperatures, chemical amounts, and pressure are at specified levels, reporting abnormalities as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record operating data such as products and quantities pumped, stocks used, gauging results, and operating times.
- Communicate with other workers, using signals, radios, or telephones, to start and stop flows of materials or substances.
- Tend to vessels that store substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials, checking levels of substances by using calibrated rods or by reading mercury gauges and tank charts.
- Turn valves and starts pumps to start or regulate flows of substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials.
- Plan movement of products through lines to processing, storage, and shipping units, utilizing knowledge of interconnections and capacities of pipelines, valve manifolds, pumps, and tanager.
- Read operating schedules or instructions or receives verbal orders, in order to determine amounts to be pumped.
- Clean, lubricate, and repair pumps and vessels, using hand tools and equipment.
- Collect and deliver sample solutions for laboratory analysis.
- Connect hoses and pipelines to pumps and vessels prior to material transfer, using hand tools.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- SCADA .
- Knowledge of Artificial Lift, Gas Lift, ESP and/or compressors is a must have.
- Automated equipment experience - Automation experience is also a must have.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Good Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.