Our client, a major subcontractor in High Voltage technology design, construction, services, and testing, is seeking a Senior Technician competent in HV protections, testing and commissioning for a permanent position, based in Mackay, Queensland.
The successful candidate will have experience working with a broad range of testing equipment (Doble, Omicron ect.), comfortable with HV/LV Switchboard testing, transformer testing, and appropriate knowledge of Australian and International standards. They must be able to foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration and excellence as well as support the company safety and quality representatives. The role will include an active focus on Health and Safety by reporting on hazardous and near miss observations as well as being able to carry out hazard and risk assessments for all tasks as per company policies and procedures.
- Proactively reduce risks to ensure safety for yourself and others.
- Advanced knowledge of HV testing equipment and technology, testing various protection relays, transformers, generator protection relays and using protection suite software.
- Connecting with and interpreting settings & program for multiple types of protection relays such as Easergy (Micom) and AcSELerator (SEL).
- Install, repair, and maintain HV substations and electrical apparatus including switch gear maintenance, upgrades and transformer oil.
- Ability to identify and define sources of problems through logical evaluation.
- Consistent and ordered work methods.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Current “A Grade” Electrical License (Electrical Fitter/Mechanic)
- High Voltage Switching
- First Aid
- Working at Heights
- Confined Spaces
- EEHA (highly regarded)
- Open Drivers license
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety and environmental requirements
- Flexibility in operation and ability to work in a team and as a motivated contributor
- Self-motivated individual with written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work DIDO/FIFO across Australia occasionally
- Two industry relevant Referees
- Must pass Physical Medical Exam
Applicants must be eligible to live and work full time in Australia.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you have any questions please contact Tayla Jeromson by email Tayla.Jeromson@airswift.com
Airswift is a global workforce solutions provider specializing in oil & gas, power, infrastructure and technology. We serve as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
My client recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.