Our major client, an upstream operator, is seeking a Projects/ Drilling HSE Coordinator to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 12-month assignment (subject to extension).
- This role will be an office-based assignment and may require 10%-15% occasional field travel to the platforms
- The primary responsibilities of this role will be to provide safety, environmental and audit support to Company’s Gulf of Mexico Project and Drilling operations and will be the primary liaison between Company’s Drilling, Facilities Engineering and SEQ Departments.
- Work with the Facilities Engineering team in planning and in the assessment phase of upcoming projects
- BS Degree with preference in Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene who have at least a minimum of 5+ years Offshore, Gulf of Mexico experience and/or Offshore Construction Project experience. Or 10-15 years of equivalent environmental/safety experience in the offshore oil and gas environment.
- Minimum of five year experience with Marine Vessel and Marine Terminals
- Previous experience as an HSE Advisor/Representative along with the following certifications: OSHA & CSP (Certified Safety Professional).
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Experience in auditing of OSHA, OHSA, NFPA, BSEE, ISO, EPA, USCG and ICS programs.
- Promote HSE achievement and performance throughout the development department.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in HSE processes, ensuring that the HSE processes are established, implemented and maintained.
- Assist with the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, processes, procedures and systems pertaining to HSE.
- Monitor HSE performance by gathering relevant data to produce statistical reports in support of global HSE objectives.
- Focus HSE efforts on proactive measures and KPIs to help prevent HSE incidents from occurring.
- Liaise with the development department and the SEQ department.
- Ensure that HSE IMS documents are reviewed at planned intervals to guarantee their continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review means assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for changes. Ensure that HSE documents are updated in accordance with the Management of Change process.
- Prepare HSE documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends to include incident reports, Root Cause Analysis, corrective actions, HSE Self-Assessments, IMS HSE Audits and Assessments.
- Compile and submit incident report summaries as required.
- Assist in the development, publishing and release of HSE communications, material and exhibits for internal and external use, as required.
- Identify relevant HSE-related training needs and work with the Training Department to ensure all employees and contractors are appropriately trained. Provide follow up training to employees as necessary.
- Train Drilling / Facilities Engineering staff by establishing goals, priorities and assessing competencies, monitoring performance.
- Act as an Risk Management subject matter expert for the development department.
- Work with procurement staff to establish and enforce HSE requirements for external suppliers ensuring that they comply with HSE requirements.
- Actively participate in and lead cross-functional team efforts as they relate to HSE matters, and the sharing of knowledge and lessons learned.
- Acts as the HSE advisor for the development department and offshore contractors Management how to meet HSE expectations.
- Ensure that Contractor Reporting and Recording are compliant with HSE Procedures.
- Engage in clear, two way communications with employees and contractors on HSE issues.
- Review and prepare HSSE Documents, Procedures and review of Risk Assessments.
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in required Safety Meetings, HAZID's Safety Surveys / Inspections / Conferences, Forums and Kick-Off meetings.
- Ensure that Contractors execute their work in accordance with established HSE Project Procedures
- Ensure contractor’s have the required documentation to conduct work onsite such as HSE Plan, HSE bridging documents, employee training certifications, Emergency Evacuation Plan (EEP), Wielding and Cutting Plan, etc. and all documents are reviewed and followed onsite.
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents, near misses and unsafe conditions are investigated and reported, and corrective actions are promptly taken to prevent reoccurrence of the same.
- Acts as an HSE point of contact for high risk projects.
Work Schedule: 5/40