Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Project Schedule Technician to work in Lloydminster or Calgary. It is a 1-year contract with the possibility of extension until 20 to 24 months of contract.
The Project Scheduler is responsible for proactively keeping up to date and communicating schedules for all EWRs assigned to the Lloydminster Project Engineering Team, supporting the group in the delivery of on-time projects and forecasting. You will interface with project engineers, production engineers, construction teams, commissioning teams, and operators to gather information and update progress.
- Creating Project Schedules
- Developing schedules when a project is kicked off
- Determining the tasks involved in the project and setting durations
- Assigning resources to activities
- Assigning the proper calendar to the activities
- Set up predecessors and run scheduler to show impact of timelines
- Creating Resource Schedules
- Using the resource assigned to activities, maintain and update construction schedules
- Updating Schedules
- Keeping the schedules up to date through meetings and daily interaction with project engineers
- Confirming task completion in Appian and SAP
- Seeking project information from other parties involved
- Attend regularly scheduled update project meetings
- Summarizing the schedules to push the info throughout EPPM P6
- Setting baselines
- Communicating Tasks and Deadlines
- Posting current construction schedule to SharePoint and project schedules to folder
- Sending schedules to project engineers and EPCs after project kickoff
- Create and send upcoming task lists to the project engineers and EPCs
- Have regular meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Send notes from stakeholder meeting to project engineers and EPCs.
- Attend update meetings with EPCs
- Post the current dashboards to SharePoint
- Weekly milestone Report
- Weekly construction Schedule
- 5-10 years of related experience in project scheduling
- Superior working knowledge of Primavera P6 and EPPMP6 and advanced skills in MS Office Products (Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency with planning, forward pass, critical path, resource loading and related
- Demonstrable knowledge of the oil & gas industry
Nice to have:
- Experience developing reports with Power BI (or other) reporting tools.
- Familiar with all aspects of multi-disciplined projects involving engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning requirements.
- A degree or technical diploma in engineering
- Formal training in scheduling or project management
- Formal training in project management
- Project Scheduling Professional (PSP) designation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation